Friday, March 2, 2012

Week 9: Excellence In Reading Challenge

Crow Boy by Taro Yahima

The main character is Chibi, a young student in Japan, who doesn't fit in with his classmates. The children think Chibi is strange and weird but the teacher sees something in Chibi and takes the time to learn more about the boy. By encouraging Chibi to take part in a talent show, the teacher helps to show the other students Chibi's many gifts and talents. 

 With one line of text under each illustration, the text is easy to read. This is a good book for teaching acceptance of others and easy to understand for children of all ages.

We have read many other books this week but I've been so busy I haven't had time to post them all. Have you read any good books lately? You can find my linky at the end of this post if you would like to share.
See ya next week.

2 comments:

Brittney March 2, 2012 at 9:45 AM  

I haven't read this book before. Thanks for the review.

Nikki Edgar March 3, 2012 at 5:03 PM  

I printed the Book Challenge List and found some! I am looking forward to reading them with my girls.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Heifer International

My Swagbucks

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP