Friday, March 30, 2012

Week 13 Excellence In Reading Challenge

Due to spring break, we have enjoyed a fun filled week. We went to see The Lorax and it was amazing! Tuesday, we enjoyed a beautiful day at the zoo, and the rest of our time was spent mostly playing outdoors. It has been a fun week and I'm sure Alexis is dreading her return to school on Monday.

Books we are reading this week include:

The Cat In The Hat by Dr. Seuss

Junie B., First Grader Dumb Bunny by Barbara Park
Alexis just pointed out to me that the B in Junie B., is Junie's glasses turned sideways. She always notices the little details that I seem to miss.

I really appreciate the book suggestions from last weeks post. I'm planning a trip to the library later today to find books by Megan McDonald. We will see if Alexis enjoys Judy Moody as much as Junie B.





2 comments:

Brittney March 30, 2012 at 1:17 PM  

My boys loved The Lorax too. They love Dr. Seuss, and The Cat in the Hat is a favorite in our house.

Nikki Edgar April 2, 2012 at 2:51 PM  

Hi Again! We are still reading Pinocchio. We read about two chapters a day. We are also reading the Key to The Treasure by Peggy Parish. This was a BIG favorite from my childhood and my 8 year old is enjoying it as well!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Heifer International

My Swagbucks

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP