Monday, January 23, 2012

How To Find Children's Books At Bargain Prices

Books are an important part of my life and I'm so happy my daughter is developing the same love for books.  If you love books then you know they can be quite expensive, especially if you purchase the hardback copies. Today, I'm going to share with you just a few ways I am building a personal library, for my daughter,  without spending a lot of moolah.

Books I picked up at a thrift sore.

#1 Make Frequent Visits To Thrift Stores
I pick up used books at my local Goodwill or St. Vincent DePaul thrift stores for 50¢-$1.00 per book. Most books, if they are paperback, are 50¢ each. Last week I found three great books, The Mouse and the Motorcycle (which is on our reading challenge list, Yay!), Frindle, and The Family Under the Bridge. They are all in very good condition as well. They also had four Junie B. Jones books that I passed up. ( I could just kick myself for that one.) They key to thrift stores is to check often, they are always adding new items.

#2 Check the Bargain Section At Book Stores
Our closest book store is an hour drive, so I rarely go to the book store but I do check their online bargains. Barnes and Noble has online bargains  with many books under $3.00.

#3 Library Sales
My local library has a book sale once each month. paperback books are 50¢ and hardback books are $1.00. All of the proceeds the library makes from their book sale is used to support the library. I love my library.

These are just a few ways I get my books on the cheap. I'm sure there are other methods available as well. Do you have any good tips for scoring cheap books?

Linking up to In My Mailbox at the Story Siren.

1 comments:

Bellas Shelf January 23, 2012 at 4:24 PM  

What a lovely blog. I agree 100%, I have been finding wonderful books at ALL of the places above mentioned.
Last week I got 22 hardcover books from a foreclosure tag sale for 7$! ALL were in good to gr8 shape & by authors like Danielle Steel. In that genre too. Kinda really cool :)
My hubby groaned when he walked in the tag sale & spotted the books. lolz.
New follower..
Books&Beyond

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Heifer International

My Swagbucks

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP