Friday, July 19, 2013

Bicycling to Fitness

Two weeks ago, we bought new bikes for the family, because we thought it would be the perfect family activity. The plan is to get outdoors as often as possible, and perhaps take an adventure to some of our beautiful state parks.

My personal plans are more elaborate and include riding at least 5 days a week for 20-30 minutes. I used to be extremely active and fit in my youth, and I am more than a little disappointed in my current fitness level. To help me keep track of my progress, I purchased an el-cheapo bicycle computer for $12. It keeps track of my speed, distance, and time when I ride. Since July 10, I have ridden 20 miles. I have not seen any weight loss yet, but I have noticed an increase my energy level and my blood pressure is slightly lower than before. So far so good! Happy Bike Riding!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Heifer International

My Swagbucks

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP