Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Excellence In Reading Challenge

Sam The Minuteman by Nathaniel Benchley

Continuing with our Excellence In Reading Challenge Alexis finished Sam The Minuteman.  This is an I Can Read 3 book that  tells the story of a young boy who joins his father as a Minute Man in the Battle of Lexington and Concord. It is a good story to introduce the American Revolution to young children. Alexis did not connect with this book at all. To deepen her understanding of the book I think we will begin a history lesson. I found this website called KidPort, a reference library for children http://www.kidport.com/reflib/usahistory/americanrevolution/Video/LexingtonConcord.htm This may be a good starting point.

1 comments:

Gabrielle June 22, 2012 at 3:02 PM  

We read Goodnight Moon (one of my favorites) and Andy and the Lion (new to all of us) this week. Both were great books that we will be revisiting in the future. (FYI: I moved my homeschooling blog to Living In A library)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Heifer International

My Swagbucks

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP